Registered: Mar 2001
Location: Nebraska- the Good life
Rounding things off, so far...
200- Visor (Deluxe, Ice)
100- Stowaway keyboard
30- Matchbook drive
30- 16Mb CompactFlash card
20- "Visor for Dummies"
20- "Everything you wanted to... Visor" (I ordered the 'Dummies', then saw the 'Everything' in the store, figured I'd keep one and return the other, but like both. Sheesh!
20- cheap cases (2 under $10 from Amazon.com, 1 from Duluth Trading. OK, but what I really needed was the...
30- RhinoSkin 1100 case
75- software (WordSmith, MobileDB, MyBible, FileMover, etc.)
20- 5 pack of styli, and clearance 4-in-1 stylus pen
30- WriteRights and cleaning kit.
$575 total (so far!)
Batteries, I buy Walgreens or Sanyo on-sale. Read Consumer Reports article on batteries- many of these 'off brands' are made by the big boys and last just as well for a fraction fo the cost!
- Probably another case, such as a slipper or shock case
- An IRdA attachment to let me beam to my existing printer AND/OR an IRdA ready portable printer (Canon BJC-50, 55, or 85, probaly used or rebuilt)
- A way to hot-sych at work (computer does not have USB, OR a free serial port, and is on a network. Gota be a way!)
- A way to hot-synch on my old lap-top, preferably USB (to standardize cables, etc.)
- Whatever modules go on sale when I have some $$ after all this!
- The books. After reading them both, being here, and visiting a few other sites, I am not sure I needed either of them!
- The Matchbook drive set-up. I wonder if I should have gone with a back-up module instead. The CF card does protrude just a tad, and prevents the snap cover from being on the back, etc.
- The intial cases. Although not a lot of $$, I shoulda waited and analysed my needs better.